Valley Park Fire District

  • Community
  • All Hazards
  • Honor
  • Knowledge, Experience, Expertise
  • Fire Suppression

Valley Park Fire District

The Valley Park Fire Protection District issues permits for building construction, commercial use, blasting, bonfires, open burning, and commercial fireworks.

Occupancy Permits

Occupancy permits are required by the Valley Park Fire Protection District for owners or tenants to occupy or re-occupy existing commercial space, to occupy newly constructed space and residential compliance inspection are also required.  Other agencies or local governments may require an occupancy permit to be issued as well. This application is not a permit itself.

Construction Permits

The Valley Park Fire Protection District provides fire, rescue, and emergency medical services for the City of Valley Park, the City of Twin Oaks, and portions of unincorporated St. Louis County

The Valley Park Fire Protection District issues permits for building construction, commercial use, blasting, bonfires, open burning, and commercial fireworks. The private use of recreational fireworks is expressly prohibited by St. Louis County ordinance. We strongly discourage the use of fireworks due to their dangerous nature.

Completed permit applications must be submitted with the required sets of drawings. Applicant will be notified when permit is ready to be picked up and paid for. No work may begin prior to permit issuance.

Residential Inspections

A residential compliance inspection is required whenever a residence is sold or changes ownership.

Permit Fee Schedule

  • Current Code enforced?
  • 2003 International Building Code (With Amendments)
    2003 International Fire Code (With Amendments)
    2009 International Residential Code (With Amendments)
  • Number of prints required to submit along with application?
  • Commercial - 2 sets
  • Residential Subdivision Master plan – 2 sets
  • Custom Residential Home, Room Addition or Basement Finish- 1 set
  • How many will be returned?
  • 1 set
  • Are they to be signed or sealed and by whom?
  • Yes, must be signed by a Missouri Registered Design Professional
  • Fee for Residential Permit:
  • Per Table R108.2 of 2009 International Residential Code Amendments
  • Fee for Commercial Permit:
  • $75 plus $4 per $1000 cost of construction
  • Permits are required for:
  • Fire alarm systems
  • Fire suppression systems
  • Mechanical Electrical
  • Cooking hood suppression
  • Cooking hood
  • Duct Installations
  • Special agents
  • Removal of underground storage tanks
  • Other Permits
  • Fireworks Fee: $125 - Per Display, No Sales Allowed
  • Burning Fee: $125 - 30 Days, air curtain destructor only
  • Blasting permit: $125 good up to 30 days
  • Storage rack installation 12 feet or taller, same as commercial fees.
  • AST's & UST's, & removal of underground storage tanks, same as commercial fees.
  • Paint booths, same as commercial fees.

Permit Applications are available in the following downloads...

For a list of streets and addresses that are in the Valley Park Fire District, click on the link below.

pub/VP Streets.pdf


If you are planning on hiring someone to do a fireworks display or are a licensed fireworks operator and wish to put on a display in the Valley Park Fire District you must apply for a permit.  Please fill out the following two forms and turn them into our Fire Marshal's office along with the other required items.  You will have to save these attachments to your computer, then open them up to print them.

    pub/Firework Permit pg1.jpg          pub/Fireworks Permit pg2.jpg


MONDAY THRU FRIDAY 7:30 am to 4:00pm
Business Number 636-225-4288
Inquiries may be directed to